Sunday, March 13, 2011

Pete & Elda's Pizza

(picture from www.peteandeldas.com)

If you had asked me a few years ago where to get the best pizza, I wouldn't have hesitated to think about the answer. I would have sent you on your way to John's down on Bleecker Street. It's the best thin-crust pizza in New York, in my (and a lot of people's) opinion. I mean, it's been there since 1929, so they have to be doing something right.

But then I met Tom, and when I took him to John's his response was lukewarm. I was stunned - how was this even debatable? But he explained to me that the best thin-crust pizza was actually in Neptune, New Jersey. It's probably no surprise that I was incredulous, but the next time we were down visiting his family, we stopped in and I sit here today a convert.

Not that I don't still love John's, but my pizza-heart belongs to Pete & Elda's. With crust so thin it's almost like a cracker. And the perfect ratio of sauce to cheese. It really just doesn't get any better. So when we went down this weekend to visit Tom's parents, it was no question where we were going to dinner on Saturday. And no question what I had for breakfast this morning!

So if you find yourself in Neptune (or even within a 20 mile or so radius), do yourself a serious favor and check it out. I promise - you won't be disappointed.


1 comment:

  1. Thin crust pizza is God's gift to man. Haha.

    This is a stop I'll have to make!

    ReplyDelete