Friday, May 27, 2011

Blueberry Crumb Bars




Well, that was fast! 1L is officially over and I'm not sure I could have spent the past few days in a more celebratory way. There has been good eating, some shopping, a day at the spa, and now a great blueberry dessert. I know, I know ... I shouldn't get too carried away!

You may remember my Nantucket blueberry pie, which is the easiest and one of the tastiest desserts, and is always guaranteed to disappear at a party. But these crumb bars are almost as easy to make and just as tasty, so I made them for a memorial day bbq at Tom's cousin's house today. I think after they get a taste of these bars, they won't even miss the fact that I didn't also bring the Nantucket pie.

Let's face it. When you have to take a train, the fewer awkward dessert carriers you have to schlep, the better. So blueberry crumb bars it is! Also, if you're like me just can't seem to get enough lemon and blueberry flavors this time of year, this dessert will help stave off your cravings.

The recipe is verbatim from Smitten Kitchen, so click on the link to check it out. I promise, you won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment