Sunday, November 21, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

courtesy of www.peanuts.com

I don't have a recipe to post today. Not that we didn't cook this week or that I don't have a pile of great new things to try staring at me as I sit here typing this. My plan is to bake a pecan pie later this week to bring to my in-law's house for Thanksgiving, or maybe a French apple cake. I just haven't decided yet. I'm trying to be a little more in the moment. And I think that means that sometimes you just don't plan out exactly what recipe to make and post for the week. I'll try not to make a habit of it.

But in the spirit of my favorite holiday, a day when I will set aside the law books and try as hard as I may not to discuss heightened pleading standards and conspiring tortfeasors, this week especially I am celebrating how wonderful my family truly is.

Today my parents drove all the way up from PA just to spend the day at an event hosted at my law school. And, while I'm not sure they actually enjoyed being cold-called by a nutty British contracts professor, I sure enjoyed watching it! I am so truly thankful of how invested they are (and always have been). And of course for my amazing husband with out whose support I'm not sure I would survive law school. (even if he hid at home today to escape the wrath of cold-calling professors)

There is so much to be thankful for. And so many reasons to be in the moment. I hope you get to spend the holiday with the people you are most thankful for.

Stay tuned for a pecan pie later in the week - or French apple cake - or maybe something totally different - who knows :o)

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. Those damn tortfeasors, ruining the spirit of Thanksgiving! ;-)

    Pecaaan piiiie.

    Love you, Jil. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Jil, we actually had a very nice time at Law School :-) I can now envision your walk from the subway stop & how it is to sit in a classroom while on the edge of your seat....I've been called worse things than 'rude', but I think I prefer the American version of 'direct'.

    ReplyDelete